This one comes to us from Channel 4 in England, where they take their pop music a lot more seriously than we do in the US (the notable exception being rap, where people shoot each other over it and stuff).
It's not a bad list, but a lot of the records weren't big here in the US, and there are definitely some records that should be listed, but aren't:
- Puff Daddy and The Family - 'I'll be missing you' (I might get shot for that one)
- Rupert Holmes - 'Pina Colada (The Escape Song)'
- America - 'Horse With No Name'
- R Kelly - 'I believe I can fly'
- That 'Y'all Ready For This?' song from the 'Air Bud' movies
Here's a fun experiment: take this list and pick 100 songs from Rolling Stone's List of the 500 best songs of all time, give somebody both lists, and see if he/she can identify which is which.