Monday, November 22, 2010

Neologism Squatting: these words/phrases are mine

Oraclown: clowns who use Oracle. Also, consultants from Oracle.

I Googled this one, and I got a lot of results for a fish called an 'Ora Clown' (MySQL has the porpoise, now Oracle can have the Oraclown). I couldn't find anybody referring to Oracle-ites as Oraclowns, though. Surely somebody has thought of or used this?

Scooby Dieu: the dog god of France. This one is nonsense, but it makes a nice username perhaps. I couldn't find this on the Google, either.

Abbot and Skastello meet Skankenstein: the hacky 'ska band names are funny' joke to end all hacky 'ska band names are funny' jokes. I actually really wish a ska band would take this. There have been longer and more cumbersome band names: '...and you will know us by the Trail of Dead' and 'Scandal Featuring Patty Smythe' come immediately to mind.

That's it for now!


No comments: